Friday 5 December 2008

Handprints in the Concrete

At the back end of October we had the insurance contractor come out to fix the cracked drain pipes under the house and at the back where they connect to the main sewer in the alley. I was in bed ill most of the time, but after the new concrete had been poured at the back of the house, Chrissytook the kids out and they all made handprints and signed their names.


I was most impressed when I noticed, and a little bit disappointed not to have been able to join them. Fortunatley for me, the concrete was just wet enough....
The thing sticking up is not actually part of the plumbing. This piece of concrete, and the sewer pipe under it, were broken by the council rubbish collection truck drving over it each week when they come to collect the rubbish. When we told the contractors about that, they decided to use a left-over piece of pipe, filled with concrete, as an improvised bollard to prevent a repeat breakage.

[editted for spelling]

1 comment:

  1. I hadn't check out your blog in a bit, and it turns out i missed something. The bed in the hallway is classic Ruth. I love it. The paint job looks good, as do the prints in the cement. (over here it's not concrete unless you have re-bar in it) I'm glad you were able to get your prints in. Stay well till i see you next, and call if you don't have my cell number. I'm your contact until Mom and Dad arrive.

    ReplyDelete