Sunday 8 August 2010

Fish!

Discovered Fish was playing Carlisle tonight at about 15:00. Called the venue (The Brickyard), got a ticket, and off I went.

Had a great time. It was an acoustic set, just guitar and piano for accompanyment. Fish opened with an acapella version of Chocolate frogs, then they did State of Mind, dedicating it to David Cameron....
There were a few tracks I wasn't familiar with, but a lot of material from the Vigil In A Wilderness of Mirrors album, my favourite. Even with the stripped-back arrangements, they were very powerful. Vigil was especially awesome.

The show was about 2 hours long (after 2 support acts) with a lot of banter and stories between the songs. The last songs of the main set, I missed the title of, but it was very dark and powerful. Fortunately, for an encore they played Kayleigh and Lavender, a lovely pair of songs from the old Marillion days, and sent me home on a nice happy note.

No comments:

Post a Comment