Tuesday 28 October 2008

The Car is back

Well, we got the car back yesterday, and you'd never know it was damaged in the first place. When I lifted the bonnet (hood, for ms US readers) to have a look at what they'd done, I was a bit confused at first, as I couldn't find the front cross-member, which had been dented. On closer inspection, I found that instead of running straight across the front as I had thought, it was curved outwards and ran inside the front bumper. Which means that the damage was worse than I had thought - instead of putting a small buckle into a straight member, Chrissy had actually managed to bend the entire member back against it's original curvature and displace it 6 to 8"

Ah well. Nobody was hurt and we have the car back now. Here's to a long time before the next repair.

No comments:

Post a Comment