Wednesday 29 October 2008

*cough cough wheeeeeeeze....*

Well, it's now officially winter here. My first cold of the season arrived on friday, but decongestants and paracetalmol seemed to be keeping it at bay, then on Saterday it struck back. Three boxes of kleenex, loaded to the eyeballs with meds, and no energy. Then on Sunday night it got serious, and dragged my asthma into play. End result, I was up all night wheezing, and haven't been in to work yet this week.

I spent all of Monday sitting still as possible. Hitting the inhaler every 5-10 mins while waiting to go to the doctor. The doc told me that the cold was well on the way to going, and no signs of chest or sinus infection, just my asthma was now in overdrive. I was to keep on the ventolin (symptom relief) as much as I needed, and up my steroid dose from 2x2 to 3x3 or more.

Now, on Wednesday night, after 2.5 days living on the inhalers, I'm feeling somewhat better. I can walk between rooms without getting out of breathe, and even feel able to sleep tonight. So, all being well, back to work tomorrow, but keep the steroid dose high for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment